Sunday, February 10, 2008

what i saw at the hospital today

I was at the hospital today.

I saw that it carried an ISO 9001: 2000 certification which speaks much for their efforts to provide good health care. Compared to the hospital of my childhood, it is cleaner and new looking but somehow the kampung air is not there. Perhaps what is misiing is a few coconut fronds swaying in the breeze.

I saw a man who I believe is younger than me limping out. An evident tummy and loose muscles suggests that he is not one keen on exercise or any strenous activity. His eyes looks impaired.

I also saw an old couple of about 60. The lady obviously is a stroke victim and the man, presumably her husband was helping her onto a wheelchair. The gentleman, in T-shirt and shorts, showed big dark patches of scars and wounds that looks like it had been there for quite some time, likely not healing well. Maybe diabetes?

There I too saw many people who would never make it to the glossy magazine covers.

Aging is certain. Disease too is a constant companion.

Should we not make effort to make full use of our life while our body allow us to do so?

Is there a way out of aging and pain?

No comments: